Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cooking: Week 7 - Slow Cooking - Cilantro Lime Chicken

Week: 7
Theme: Slow Cooking
Dish: Cilantro Lime Chicken

We love our crock pot. I usually use it to make oatmeal, but we've made roasts and other stuff in it. For this week, we tried this recipe.

Cooking in a slow cooker isn't very exciting to photograph. Moreover, I didn't actually prep the food, Ofer made it while I was in class so I didn't take pictures of the process. So all I have are the end results.





There's not much for me to say. I didn't love this recipe. We left it in the crockpot for longer than 6 hours and the chicken came out dry. The sauce wasn't very delicious, though I think that would depend on what salsa you get (We got a Pace one). I didn't find the flavor of the chicken particularly good and the sauce was too pasta saucey. I'm not sure if I wanna make this recipe again. I have the leftovers sitting in my fridge but I haven't really touched them and it doesn't make me excited to eat.

On another note, we used a crockpot liner and they work wonderfully. We have a tiny shallow sink so washing the ceramic pot is super difficult. With the liner, we can just throw it out, wipe it down and it's clean. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment